Monday 13 May 2013

Time to meet the devil!

- Only God Forgives (2013).


Eyes on the screen!
Keep your eyes peeled for these potential beauties coming to a screen near you...

All plot summaries from IMDB, all titles provide links to YouTube trailers. 

I'm So Excited
3rd May



"When it appears as though the end is in sight, the pilots, flight crew, and passengers of a plane heading to Mexico City look to forget the anguish of the moment and face the greatest danger, which we carry within ourselves."

Director, Pedro Almodovar is often best known for his gritty Spanish drama's, a la The Skin I Live In, so I have to admit I'm quite excited to see the lighter hearted side of this man in a colourful sky high comedy.




Mud
10th May



"Two teenage boys encounter a fugitive and form a pact to help him evade the bounty hunters on his trail and to reunite him with his true love."


Matthew McConaghey not in a boring chick flick rom-com. Trust me, watch the trailer.



16th May


"A Midwestern war veteran finds himself drawn to the past and lifestyle of his millionaire neighbor."

Sporting a ridiculously long trailer, I feel like I've seen most of the film already, but none the less I'm a fan of Carey Mulligan and can't wait to see how the classic novel has been adapted.


31st May



"1958. Rose is a terrible secretary but a demon typist. Her handsome boss resolves to turn her into the fastest girl in the world."

Remember when I blabbered on about The Intouchables, or Potiche? This is another French comedy that I have high, high hopes for.


The Bling Ring
5th July


"Inspired by actual events, a group of fame-obsessed teenagers use the internet to track celebrities' whereabouts in order to rob their homes."

Emma Watson not as Hermione.

The Heat
31st July



"Uptight FBI special agent Sarah Ashburn is paired with testy Boston cop Shannon Mullins in order to take down a ruthless drug lord. The hitch: neither woman has ever had a partner -- or a friend for that matter."

This trailer played before Trance, in that 2 and a half minutes I laughed so much my sides were in agony. Bring the Heat.






"Julian, a drug-smuggler thriving in Bangkok's criminal underworld, sees his life get even more complicated when his mother compels him to find and kill whoever is responsible for his brother's recent death."

Saving the best til last, Only God Forgives is yet to be given an official UK release date, I could not be more excited for this. Kristin Scott Thomas is unrecognisable. Never can I have too much brooding Gosling in my life, and my old after school drama coach Gordon Brown (right) stars opposite - amazing!


What are you looking forward to?



x

i do not own these images

No comments:

Post a Comment