Saturday 5 October 2013

Guest Post #2

Well hopefully as you read this guest post I'll be making my way up to Hanoi, Vietnam! This post comes to you from Hannah, of Tea, Three Sugars. Hannah is another of my favourite bloggers, with the cutest little family ever! She does the most beautiful illustrations and I love her style of writing. 

Thank you, Hannah! 

Unfortunately, I must admit I left it so late to schedule these posts (I'm so unorganised!) the layout didn't quite work, I'm so sorry Hannah this doesn't do your blog posts justice! 

Hello there, I'm Hannah from Tea, Three Sugars. Margaret kindly asked me to write a guest post whilst she's in Asia, of course I said I'd love to! I eventually settled upon a film review of sorts, I'm going to talk about one of my most favourite films - Fantastic Mr Fox.

"And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it." - Roald Dahl

Fantastic Mr Fox was written by the fantastic Roald Dahl. I loved reading Roald Dahl books as a child, and still love reading them now. When I heard Fantastic Mr Fox was being made into a film, I couldn't wait! What's your favourite Roald Dahl story? Matilda was always one of my favourites too :)

It was directed by Wes Anderson, a director I've only become familiar with because of Fantastic Mr Fox and more recently, Moonrise Kingdom. His directing style is eccentric and quirky, each detail is well thought out. Since I watched Moonrise Kingdom, I want to watch more and more of his films. Can anyone recommend any?

I don't want to ruin Fantastic Mr Fox for anyone who hasn't seen it, but it still makes me laugh every time I watch it. The first time I saw it I cried laughing, and the bit I found funniest probably isn't even that funny but maybe I've just got a weird sense of humour. The humour is witty and ironic. Ash and Kristofferson make for an entertaining duo, they are one of the highlights of the film. Ash is, and Kristofferson is sensible much like an older brother.

Boggis, Bunce, and Bean, one fat, one short, one lean. Those horrible crooks, so different in looks, are nonetheless equally mean!

Boggis, Bunce and Bean make for good baddies. They're somewhat creepy, but still child-friendly. A lot of the humour in this film will go over little ones' heads, making it a fun watch for all the family. It is littered with stars, many of which also feature in Moonrise Kingdom (and possibly other Anderson films!). I honestly can't recommend it enough!

1 comment:

  1. Boggis, Bunce and Bean! One fat, one short, one lean! Those horrible crooks, so different in looks, were nonetheless equally mean!
    This was the first book I ever took out of the library myself- will need to watch the film! x

    ReplyDelete