I feel absolutely privileged to be nominated for the Liebster Blog Award by the wonderful ladies over at Style of Savannah! The outfit posts (and their hair...) have me green with envy at every post!
Being a newbie blogger, I'm amazed anyone reads my ramblings and I'm chuffed to bits that you lovely people do, but here's a question for you: what is the Liebster Blog Award all about?
I've never heard of it, and I'm not entirely sure where it came from but I'd love to find out.
From what I can find, the Liebster Blog Award is given to bloggers by bloggers. It is for blogs with less than 200 followers and when you are tagged you have essentially received the award and are responsible to pass it on, so thank you, and here goes!
- List 11 random facts about yourself
- Answer the 11 questions which are given to you by your nominator
- Ask 11 new questions for all the bloggers that you nominate to win the award
- Nominate 9 bloggers with less than 200 followers to win the award
- Go to each of the blogger's pages to let them know about their nomination
11 Random Facts:
1. I lived in Los Angeles for 3 months in 2010.
2. I've seen every episode of F.R.I.E.N.D.S hundreds of times, but still cry at the last one. (Who doesn't?!)
3. I love knitting - 60 year old trapped in a 21 year old body...
4. I have three tattoos (and 3 more to come!)
5. I talk (and sing) in my sleep - it drives my OH mad.
6. I moved home and started Uni at the age of 17.
7. I love animals more than I love babies. I'm obsessed with little Alf - who you can meet in this post.
8. I don't ever bear grudges. Life is too short.
9. I love red lipstick!
10. I have a permanent floordrobe.
11. I keep tickets, receipts, photos and tonnes of little memories stuck to a pinboard in my room.
Hannah and Maia's questions:
1. What's the one piece in your wardrobe you couldn't live without?
My Uni hoody - it's a staple and I throw it on when I'm (constantly) running late! I'm so glamorous.
2. Who is your favorite designer?
Christopher Kane - I studied him for my Advanced Art and fell in love.
3. What is your favorite makeup brand?
Good ol' Rimmel never let me down.
4. What is your favorite blog to read?
Hannah at Daisies and DMs has eviable style, her interesting and witty writing has me hooked!
5. Do you wear makeup every day?
Well, does not taking it off the night before count?
6. Would you rather dress up or be casual?
I like a bit of both - can I mix?
7. If you could only have a hair dryer, flat iron, or curling iron, which would it be?
Hair dryer!! My hair is so thick it takes foreeeeever to dry naturally.
8. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
San Fran - THE WEATHER!
9. Whats your favorite TV show?
I watch films more than TV, but I'm really getting into Breaking Bad.
10. Whats the one place you would love to visit?
The Maldives. Oh so pretty!
11. Heels or flats?
Heels! ...with flats in my bag for when my tootsies can't take it anymore.
Are you still awake?!
I'd like to nominate:
1. The lovely Alex at Inferior Design. Pimpin' my pals.
2. A very stylish Tania at Chic Times.
3. Relaxed California style over at The Sixth Tractate.
4. Fellow Scot, Liane at Ruby Ruby Slippers.
5. Hilarious blogger, Jessica at Peony.
6. Reviewer extrodanaire The Lunar Lights.
7. Fellow book lover Amy over at Cocktails in Teacups.
8. The beautiful shoe lover, Hannah at Tea.Three.Sugars.
9. The spending-ban breaker and owner of very cute cats, Helen at PIERRe le cat.
My questions to you:
1. Why did you start blogging?
2. If you could live in any era, which would you choose and why?
3. What is the most exciting thing you've done/greatest achievement?
4. If you could only ever eat one for the rest of your life, which: chocolate or crisps? (ooh!)
5. What's your favourite film/most treasured DVD?
6. Do you think white marshmallows and pink marshmallows taste different?
(I plan to use your answers to settle a debate with my friend...)
7. What is your favourite high street shop and why?
8. If you were a cartoon/film character, who would you be AND WHY!?
9. Favourite pair of shoes? (bonus points for a photo so we can all have a peek...)
10. What did you want to be when you were little? - taller doesn't count
11. Morning person or night owl?
Congrats, and post away ladies!