Thursday 27 June 2013

A real loser is someone who's so afraid of not winning he doesn't even try.

- Little Miss Sunshine (2006).


Race for Life 2013


A few years ago I lost my beloved Grandad to bowel cancer, and I know I'm not alone in feeling the aftermath of this horrible disease. 

One in three people will be affected by cancer, but the survival rates are improving.

Race for Life for Cancer Research UK is an all woman event, where you can run, jog, walk or dance a five or ten kilometre track. My friend Gayle and I took part this year, Sunday 23rd June in Kirkcaldy and I have to say it was one of the most moving events I have ever been to. 

The event brings together people who have, have been affected, have beaten, or just want to join in the fight against cancer and it's a lovely feeling to be surrounded by people who know how you have felt. 



We jogged the 5K, and even managed a little sprint in the end, finishing in just under 40minutes!

Also, check out how supportive my besties are... made me laugh.









My Race for Life sponsorship page is still open, if you so wish to donate remember that every single penny counts towards battling over 200 cancers and moving one step closer to a cure.


www.raceforlifesponsorme.org/mqsmith

x

6 comments:

  1. This is such a great cause. Way to go!


    Melissa
    http://wildflwrchild.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a fiver from me- my Granny has just been diagnosed with blood cancer and I'm terrified right now. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lauren!

      All the best to Granny I hope she feels better soon. My thoughts are with you lovely xxxx

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Im so sad i missed the one by mine :(
    I had planned to go with my friend this year but then got the dates mixed up :(
    Its such a great cause !
    Well done xx
    Launa xx

    ReplyDelete